We are looking for a star within events and brand experience to lead our Event Team in Helsinki! Is that you?
About us and the role
Epicenter in partnership with Ilmarinen, opened its local operations in the heart of Helsinki in November 2018. The premises of 8000 sq. m. include flexible work areas, studios, event spaces, growth programs, meeting rooms, a world-class restaurant, fully equipped gym and a in house event agency. Epicenter Helsinki is operated by a local team that manages the relationships with members, guests and suppliers to make our operations successful. We are on a mission to help our member companies grow their business and we want your help doing it.
This role carries the responsibility to sell and promote the Epicenter event services, as well as producing the events by creating unique brand experiences. The production process of the event productions is very similar to an “in-house event agency” type of set up, which is why the ideal candidate has extensive experience from event agencies or similar. As Head of Events you report to the Country Manager of Epicenter Helsinki, and work closely with the local team. You will also liaise with the Stockholm and Oslo event teams and get support from the international team.
We are looking for a creative leader with a sharp business mindset and an excellent track record in event sales. You thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment where you will have major effect on decisions. We expect you to have an extensive network and well established connections with both clients and suppliers.
Great leadership skills are required in order to delegate briefs, budgets and visions to the team. You are a true team player, eager to develop your team as well as our company. To fit well with the Epicenter culture, we believe you are humble, driven, open minded, fun to work with, eager to build and implement new ideas, and to have a cheerful attitude with that extra sparkle.
- Ensuring that event sales budgets and objectives are achieved by structuring offers and successfully negotiating and closing event deals while ensuring the set target margin levels
- Team management of the event team
- Identifying, approaching and establishing long-term profitable business relationships with new clients, both large corporate and fast-growing companies, demonstrating the value of the Epicenter’s Community in terms of knowledge, space, and network
- Be responsible for maintaining production quality and ensuring business value
- Managing external vendors and suppliers linked to event productions such as technicians, hostesses, catering, scenography etc.
- Minimum 5 years event agency background
- Team leadership experience
- Extensive experience from event production, preferably at an event agency
- Established network of event suppliers and vendors
- An established network of potential speakers and performers is a huge plus
- Well-organized and a good sense for processes and logistics
- A goal-oriented way of working with sales
- A creative mind and passion for storytelling and business
- Fluent in English and Finnish. Other languages are also a huge plus.
- Strong social skills
- Knowledge about tech, innovation and companies within our industry is also important.
This recruitment is ongoing, but don't hesitate to apply now