Epicenter in partnership with Ilmarinen, opened its local operations in the heart of Helsinki in November 2018. The premises of 8000 sq. m. include flexible work areas, private offices, studios, event spaces, meeting rooms, a world-class restaurant, fully equipped gym and more. Epicenter Helsinki is operated by a local team that manages the relationships with members, guests, and suppliers to make our operations successful. The main tasks of the team are based on Sales, Event management, Community activities, Marketing & PR, Service management and delivery of strategic advisory services to members.
- The ongoing operations are led by a local Country Manager, a community team, a service team and an event team. The total local head count is 7-9 FTEs, with gradual increase of FTEs based on business growth.
The team is supported by a central team of 5-6 FTEs in Sweden (product development, financial controlling, HR, marketing etc.)
- The service management team handles the day-to-day operation and management of members and guest as well as the facility management (incl. external partners)
- The event team works with members and guests to produce world class events based on specific Epicenter formats (Industry days, Ideathons, Digital Safaris etc) or totally customized according to client needs
So, what is your role in this?
The Country Manager at Epicenter is the business leader of the local operation in an operating country. This position has the full P&L responsibility and leads the local execution of the company strategy. The Country Manager constantly strives to make the service and customer experience at Epicenter world-class. This person will lead a team of approximately 7-9 FTE and is responsible for all personnel and staffing. Also, this position is responsible for leading the local sales operations from customer acquisition to managing key customer relations with Epicenter. This goes for the most strategic clients and cooperation partners. The ideal candidate has a background as an entrepreneur as well as C-level experience from a corporate organization. Having experience from consultancy organization is also a merit. In addition, our future Country Manager will act as a thought leader in positioning Epicenter and being confident on stage is therefore important. As Country Manager, you will report to the Group CEO
Are you the one?
We’re looking for a strong, comfortable leader with great energy that enjoys taking the lead of the local operation, steering it in the right the direction and always looks to make improvements. It’s important that you have great leadership skills and have a strong desire to succeed by helping and developing your team. To fit well with the Epicenter culture, we believe you are a true team player, humble, driven, open minded, eager to build new things, have a cheerful attitude with that extra sparkle and a talent to spot new opportunities.
What your days will look like:
As a Country Manager you will be working according to a budget, sales plan, community plan, marketing & communications plan and head up the local Epicenter team. At Epicenter you will meet both Finnish and international companies and partners, helping them grow and develop their businesses.
- Manage the local P&L incl. budgeting and forecasting
- Recruitment of staff and execution of HR policies
- Manage and develop local product portfolio and pricing of services
- Lead customer acquisition and execution of sales strategy
- Lead and execute customer satisfaction work
- Participate in the implementation of various events and activities organized by Epicenter for its customers - such as Digital Safaris, after works, lunch talks etc.
- Act as the spokesperson for Epicenter Helsinki in media, on stage and other events
Do you also have this?
- Well documented experience from similar roles
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written Finnish and English fluently. Other languages are also an advantage
- Interest for digital innovations and technology companies within our industry
- Previous experience within sales and strategic partnerships
- A goal-oriented way of working
- A creative mind
- A passion for storytelling and business