Epicenter is world-class innovation environment for digital companies in the heart of Stockholm. An urban oasis where companies, industry experts, entrepreneurs, thought leaders and experts are connected in one place where innovation, exciting meetings, business opportunities, knowledge and lifestyle create a unique environment.
Epicenter was founded in Stockholm in 2015 and is also established in Helsinki and Oslo. Epicenter is dedicated to corporate and scale up companies that are looking to grow and innovate with impact. Our venues have flexible work areas, private offices, studios, event spaces, meeting rooms, a restaurant, fully equipped gym and more. Epicenter Stockholm is operated by a local team that manages the relationships with members, guests, and suppliers to make Epicenter successful. The main tasks of the team are based on Sales, Event management, Community activities, Marketing & PR, Service management and delivery of Strategic Advisory and Program Services to members.
What is your role in this?
We are looking for a star within events and brand experience to lead our Event Team in Stockholm, is that you?
This role carries the responsibility to sell and promote the Epicenter event services, as well as producing the events by creating unique brand experiences. The production process of the event productions is very similar to an “in-house event agency” type of set up, which is why the ideal candidate has extensive experience from event agencies or similar. As Head of Events, you report to the Country Manager of Epicenter Sweden, and work closely with the local team.
Are you the one?
We are looking for a creative leader with a sharp business mindset and an excellent track record in event sales. You thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment where you will have major effect on decisions. We expect you to have an extensive network and well-established connections with both clients and suppliers.
Great leadership skills are required to delegate briefs, budgets, and visions to the team. You are a true team player, eager to develop your team as well as our company. To fit well with the Epicenter culture, we believe you are humble, driven, open minded, fun to work with, eager to build and implement new ideas, and to have a cheerful attitude with that extra spark.
- Ensuring that event sales budgets and objectives are achieved by structuring offers and successfully negotiating and closing event deals while ensuring the set target margin levels
- Team management of the event team of 4-5 people
- Identifying, approaching, and establishing long-term profitable business relationships with new clients, both large corporate and fast-growing companies, demonstrating the value of the Epicenter Community in terms of knowledge, space, and network
- Be responsible for maintaining production quality and ensuring business value
- Managing external vendors and suppliers linked to event productions such as technicians, hostesses, catering, scenography etc.
- Minimum 5 years of event agency background
- Team leadership experience
- Extensive experience from event production, preferably at an event agency
- Established network of event suppliers and vendors
- An established network of potential speakers and performers is a huge plus
- Well-organized and a good sense for processes and logistics
- A goal-oriented way of working with sales
- A creative mind and passion for storytelling and business
- Fluent in English and Swedish. Other languages are also a huge plus.
- Strong social skills
- Knowledge about tech, innovation and companies within our industry is also important.
For more information contact: Patrick Mesterton, Co-founder and CEO mail. email@example.com +46729622077